1) My first e-book I made without posting anything, then announced, published and sold. For my most popular book (about finding cheap airfare) I just told the world 'hey, I'm writing this book, please pre-order to support me'. 900 people pre-ordered.
2) Asked on Twitter what people would want to pay. Then ignored it and asked a higher price (for the airfare book). Other prices depending on my popularity and popularity of subject.
3) My first e-books I sold with woocommerce. Current ones through Shopify, linked to my websites (such as thuisblijvenisduurder.com). The ones I made with a publisher, are selling on all places where one can buy books.
4) For the airfare book, I asked a professional cover designer to design the cover. The actual book I designed myself in Indesign. My first e-books (in 2012) I designed myself. The ones I made with a publisher were designed by a designer.
5) Depends on the topic, I guess. These are the book titles of my books:
6) Nothing helpful comes to mind.
Wow,thanks for the indepth insights! I think the titles are really compelling and I like the fun twists. Again thanks big time 🙏🏾
Hi! I have been selling e-books for ten years now. Not that I can make a living out of it (although some books sold 5000+ copies). Ask me anything and I will try to help you as best as possible.
I know this might be too simple, but I prefer to do the bare minimum of legal texts and just offer service like a real human because I absolutely hate to call / email services and jump through hoops and talk to robots to get stuff done.
I just wrote simple text on a Google Doc for people who use my site www.yelmair.com as well as people who buy my books (e-books and physical products):
Terms and Conditions
Product names and trade names
Jelmer de Boer
Chamber of Commerce number: XXXXXX
Trading under the names
Jelmer de Boer
Thuisblijven is duurder
If you have bought something that did not meet your expectations, you can return it within a reasonable period (let's agree on a month) to:
stating your name and order number.
If you also email me at [email address] stating that you have returned, you will get your money back.
E-books cannot be returned and neither can memberships, but you can always email to [email address] and you will usually get your money back if you have a good reason.
I've created a bunch of landing pages with carrd.co also. Great, cheap and easy tool. E.g. thuisblijvenisduurder.com, plantenboek.nl and peenuien.nl
Hi Helen, I'd like to help. My daughter is 3 months old and I am still building stuff.
I like simple analytics as well.
Really like The Social Network movie OST for the same purpose!
Love it! I hadn’t thought about nature sounds but will give it a go 👍🏼